Will you support the rescue of 7 bile bears in Vietnam?
Rescue 7 innocent bears in Vietnam
Our team successfully rescued the 7 bile bears on the 13th of November. They were brought safely to our BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh.
You can still donate through this page. With the help of supporters like you, we can make sure the 7 bears will receive the medical care they urgently need.
Follow our social media for the latest updates.
Hundreds of bears in Vietnam are still living in horrible and inhumane conditions. They are deprived of their freedom for illegal ‘bile extraction’, which is then used in traditional medicines.
The extraction of bile is extremely painful for the bears. Their confinement and regular extraction of bile often lead to chronic liver and gallbladder disease, painful abscesses, liver cancer, and massive behavioral disorders.
We now have the unique opportunity of rescuing 7 bears from two farms in the Binh Duong province in Vietnam.
We had the chance of visiting the farms earlier in September this year to do some visual checks. Although comprehensive health checks still need to be done in our clinic, we can already see that some of the bears are suffering from massive hair loss, as well as several huge issues with their teeth and chronic skin changes. One bear is even missing a paw.
In October we want to bring the bears to our BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh. Here they’ll finally get the love, care, and species-appropriate living conditions.
Below you can find an indication of how your donation can help these 7 bears:
With $10 / $20 / $30 you contribute to the costs for:
- The medication the bears need on the day of the rescue
- The transport of the bears to the sanctuary
- Healthy and fresh food the bears will get during their transfer to BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh
- Bear enrichment for an optimal physical and psychological well-being of our rescued bears
With $50 / $70 / $100 you contribute to the costs for:
- The medication the bears need after a life of neglection and pain on a bile bear farm
- A weeks ration of healthy and fresh food for the bears in the sanctuary
With $100 and more you contribute to the costs for:
- A comprehensive vet check of the bears after their arrival in BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh
- A bear hammock for one bear