Support the Saddest Bears campaign today!
We rely on donations from supporters like you to organize rescues, care for the animals living in our sanctuaries, and offer emergency and disaster relief to animals in need all over the world.
Make one time donation
Save The Saddest Bears
FOUR PAWS helps brings an end to the suffering of the world’s saddest bears left in captivity. Our #savethesaddestbears initiative takes place all over the world because cruelty is not local to just one area: it is worldwide.
In Europe, our teams liberate bears from deplorable keeping conditions under private ownership, tourism, and bear baiting. Most of these bears have lived in concrete cages their whole lives or have been forced to perform in unnatural ways, such as dancing for entertainment or being forced to drink beer. FOUR PAWS advocates for bears on a legislative level, helping to make cruel practices illegal, while operating six bear sanctuaries in the countries of Bulgaria, Austria, Kosovo, Ukraine, Switzerland, and Germany.
In Vietnam, FOUR PAWS is battling the cruel bear bile industry, a growing black market. It is estimated 800 bears are still suffering on 250 bear bile farms. Bears in this region are kept in deplorable conditions on private farms and drained of their bile. FOUR PAWS works in cooperation with local NGOs and the Vietnamese authorities to help educate the public on why bile farming is so harmful and what cruelty- free alternatives are available. In addition, we also provide a sustainable solution: life- long, species-appropriate homes for the bears at our BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh.
Through the support of generous animal lovers like you, we are currently providing life- long care at our seven sanctuaries for 99 bears. And more rescues are planned in the near future.
Our work is still greatly in need of your support. Will you help us #savethesaddestbears? With your donation, you can change a life.
Happy Bear Comfort Checklist:
- $50 can provide apples, carrots, and nuts for a day for bears at our bear sanctuaries to enjoy
- $55 can provide enrichment for the bears, including wooden structures and bear pools for them to play, relax and leave their troubled lives behind
- $60 can provide essential medicines for bears who suffer from various medical conditions and ailments due to their prolonged captivity, age, and lack of care
- $75 can provide comfortable, safe sleeping quarters for the animals recovering from abuse
- $100 can help us rescue and provide sanctuary for more bears who need us.